Monday, May 2, 2011

An Original Card for an Original girl

My niece, who is a very "original" girl, is graduating this year from high school. And while I had several options to make a boring normal graduation card, I decided that since she was so original, I would make a special one for her.

Not only is she original, but she is colorful. You will see several colors on her in one day, including socks, pants, shirt, nails, even eye shadow, so I could not make a card that was only one color. To make it even better, I decided to make her card the first card I used my brand new Fun Flock from Stampendous that I just bought! Her card is the first card to have this, and I used the technique that I learned from Kimberly's My Craft Spot Blog. She has a really creative way of doing it, and it works out so easy. At any rate, below are the pics and the basic instructions that I have for the card.

After getting the front of the arch sticky Kimberly's  technique, I then sprinkled fun flock all over the arch. I gently pushed down on the flock to make sure it stuck nicely, and then tapped it against the paper to get the excess off.

Now I was ready to add this to my main design feature.

I used Fun Flock for all the arches in the rainbow, and I cut it from the Feeling Groovy Cricut Lite cartridge. The middle arch was actually one big arch, and I gently used a blade knife to cut a portion of the paper from the Xyron off and leave the other on there. After the bow was completed flocked I then took the paper off the clouds and flocked that part white. The cut out clouds I used the Xyron again on the face up side and put white glitter on it to make it look sparkly. I also used pop dots on the one clound and the action wobbles on the bigger cloud. The final card turned out pretty good.

The paper was just from my scrap stash, and I embellished it with my Sizzix Texture Boutique using the Cuttlebug embossing folder Spots and Dots. The inside of the card was again from my stash, embellished with the swiss dots, and then layered with a piece that I printed from my computer.


So now It is all ready and waiting for me to give it to my niece. I think she will like it a lot. Do you have any great ideas for graduation cards... that time is coming up soon, so start thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment