Monday, May 9, 2011

Cupcake card

As we all know, this weekend was National Scrapbooking weekend. There was so much going on, scrap projects, contests, Mother's day, extra work schedules... not to mention one of my research papers that is coming up due soon... so I wasn't able to participate as much as I was hoping :(... but I was so happy to see that a bunch of blogs were extending the projects so that they could be completed over the busy weekend. Thankfully I have gotten a few of them done.



The first one was a birthday card I was in the process of designing for my Mother-in-law. She's not a frilly type person, and I figured something simple with a little bling would be the perfect thing. So I pulled out my trusty Wild Card Cartridge and cut out the cupcake card. Then I cut out the layers for the cupcake, once the right way, and then another time flipping it so I could carry the cupcake over to the inside of the card. The cupcake has slits cut into them to make it look like the paper wrapper, but I loved the idea of adding some ribbon to the project, so I pulled out a ribbon from my meager (and I mean that in the truest sense of the word, I think I have maybe four ribbons left in my stash... so time to go ribbon shopping), and weaved it through the slits in the wrapper base. Then I embossed the top of the cup cake with my Cuttlebug spots and dots folder... so loving this folder cuz I can use it on so many things. After that was completed I added some stickles to the embossing and stripes to the candle to represent that old fashioned candle I remember growing up. Finally a little bit of gold/orange glitter glue for the flame and I was all set. On the inside I added the phrase Happy Birthday from the Wild Card cart, and added a stickle dot for the I... cuz I'm always losing my dots for the "I"'s!!!!

 So there is my cupcake card. I had tons of fun making it and I think it is a great way to celebrate my mother-in-laws birthday, even though we can't be there to celebrate with her.

Check out My Pink Stamper's challenge, which I'm linking this card up to. Have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment